Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Milestones: Joining the 3 & 400,000 Club

As 2010 winds down to its final hours, I want to wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year in 2011, and thank everyone for their support of The Fleer Sticker Project over the past 3 years.

The blog reached 2 milestones this month:

This month marks the 3rd Anniversary of the blog. When I decided to start the blog as a way of cataloging all the variations I had found over the years among the various Fleer sticker/patch/quiz card/iron ons/etc., I never would have thought that I'd still be posting 3 years later.

I certainly never would have imagined the amount of interest in the site, but the stat counter tripped the 400,000 mark earlier this week, which completely blows me away. It is extremely rewarding to see that there are other people who are interested in reading what I am interested in researching and writing about.

I'd like to say a sincere Thank You to everyone who follows the blog or just stops by to read a particular post about something I've covered that interests them. Seeing that people are reading the blog and posting comments is why I am still posting 3 years later even after I've covered just about every possible Fleer issue that I could possibly research.

I'd also like to thank a number of people who have contributed to the blog over the years who have helped me with researching a number of the items that I've covered, and allowed me to share that information on the blog:

Craig - for his wealth of information regarding Fleer stickers and his generous contributions of images for items that I did not have in my collection (as well as some great trades that helped me acquire many of the Fleer items that you've seen pictured!)

Steve - for his help with a number of different NFL related items that he has come across in his years of collecting and writing The Cowboys Guide (and some great trades as well!)

Dave - from the amazing The Topps Archives for help on some of the Topps sets I've covered.

Troy - for the great information he shared with me from hobby publications from the late 1960's through the late 1970's that I covered in the series of posts called The Troy Files. The information Troy provided answered a number of questions I had about some of the Fleer releases during that time period.

Randy - for sharing some of the items from his Cardinals collection to compliment some of the sets that I had covered.

Finally, I'd also like to give a huge Thanks to Paul Lukas, whose fantastic Uni Watch blog has linked to the site on so many occasions, and has helped provide incredible visibility to the blog. I really appreciate the number of times Paul has linked to something I've posted on the Uni Watch Ticker News, and the kind things that Paul has said about The Fleer Sticker Project on Uni Watch.

Thanks to everyone for 3 great years, and Best Wishes to everyone for a Happy 2011!

1 comment:

night owl said...

Happy 2011 and happy anniversary. Your blog truly is impressive.