Sunday, October 3, 2010

1978 Kellogg's Pop-Tarts NFL Football Helmet Stickers

In addition to the promotions featuring Baseball logos that we've just covered, Kellogg's also partnered with the NFL in 1978 for a promotion featuring helmet stickers of the 28 teams that were in the league at the time.


The backs of the stickers feature a brief team history as well as a quiz featuring referee signals:


The stickers came in boxes of Kellogg's Pop-Tarts


Taking a closer look at the back of the box, it appears there was a poster that could be ordered for $1.00 that could be used to display your stickers:


Here is a look at the entire set (except for the Falcons and Rams which I am still trying to track down):





With the amount of Pop-Tarts my kids go through these days, I really wish Kellogg's would revisit a promotion like this as we'd probably have no problem completing a set!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Contact me at rwk112565@yahoo.com as I have both the falcons and the rams stickers you are looking for.

antrain773 said...

can anyone help me with info on what this sticker is ?? thanks in advance


http://www.ebay.com/itm/350412362005?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Sandy Owens said...

I just googled this promotion. I always knew that it was in the seventies, as it is how my brother and I picked our NFL teams. I was 7 and he was 8. We are now 44 and 45 and pull for the same teams that we picked off of our poster. Thanks for putting the info together! I wish we had kept ours.
Sandy Charest
Somerville, AL