Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Two More Orioles Spotted in the 1968-1969 Vests

I recently came across two pictures of the 1968 - 1969 Orioles vest with players I had not previously seen in this rare uniform - Boog Powell and Eddie Watt:




I've been able to find pictures of many of the Orioles from 1968 - 1969 in this alternate jersey, including Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Mike Cuellar, Paul Blair, Mark Belanger, Dave Johnson, and Elrod Hendricks. Adding Boog Powell to the list now leaves me with Jim Palmer, Dave McNally, and Earl Weaver as the last big Oriole names still to find.

Fortunately new pictures keep coming up for auction from The Baltimore Sun archives, so I'm hopeful that I can track down the remaining Orioles to have pictures of the entire starting lineup as well as the main starters from the pitching staff in this great looking uniform.