Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Thanks for the Link Exchanges

I've been meaning to say thanks to the people who I have corresponded with over the last month or so who have been gracious enough to link to my blog.

First off, I'd like to say thanks to David at Cardboard Junkie for adding me to his lineup of links and also congratulate him on his 2007 Gummie Award for Best Baseball Card blog. I knew I had to start following this blog when I read the following quote: "I would like to stage a bloody coup and take over Upper Deck just for one day, so I could decree that there would be logo stickers in all Fleer products from now to eternity." How could The Fleer Sticker Project not be in total agreement!

Next, I need to say thanks to Kevin for adding links from his 2 blogs that cover 2 of my other favorite areas besides Fleer items - The Orioles @ Orioles Card "O" the Day and the 1965 Topps Baseball Set @ The Great 1965 Topps Project. Kevin does a great job of giving me my daily O's fix with his thoughts on a wide variety of Orioles cards from both the recent as well as the more distant past. For his 1965 project, Kevin does a great deal of research on the cards that he is acquiring for the set, and posts the information on each card he receives. If you have any 1965s that need a home, Kevin's got trading lists posted of what he has available, or feel free to just make a donation to the cause. I passed along a few extras I had sitting around, and have enjoyed reading the information he has dug up on the players he received.

Continuing the team theme, Steve has a great blog covering the White Sox @ White Sox Cards. He's got a couple of regular features, including Greatest Uniform Numbers which is a fun look back at various players who wore a particular number with the White Sox and Steve's pick for who was the greatest player with that particular number. He's also got the latest up to the minute news on what is going on with the team. He's branched off with a 2nd blog entitled Things Done to Cards. You'll need to check it out to see what kinds of "things" Steve is talking about.

Perhaps the most comprehensive team site I've come across is Twinscards.com. If you are looking to find anything Twins related, you can probably find it here. Blake's site has cards, photos, stats, publications, you name it. The site has over 5,600 Twins cards available for your viewing pleasure, and includes a search feature so you can find exactly what you are looking for. Topps, Fleer, Donruss, and Upper Deck are all there. Even oddball sets!

Finally, I'd like to say thanks to Bart, otherwise known as The BaseballCardMan. Bart started up his blog about the same time I started mine, and posts an interesting variety of cards with interesting stories from vintage cards like a 1960 Jim Katt to a much more recent 1998 Ken Griffey Etch-A-Sketch card. Bart is looking for trades, so check out his site, and see if you can work out a deal.

After reading a number of baseball card related blogs, I decided starting my own would be a fun way to meet other collectors. The first month or so of blogging has been great, and I've already met a number of collectors that I otherwise would have never had the chance to meet.

Thanks again to those of you who had added links to my site, and thanks as well to the readers who have been leaving comments. I'm glad to see that what I'm posting occasionally is interesting enough to warrant some feedback.

4 comments:

Steve Gierman said...

Thanks for mentioning both blogs. Your site is one of the most unique that's baseball card/sticker related. I've probably said that before, but it still stands. I'm still on the look out for that Boston variation for you.

hartmanj said...

Great looking site. I started a couple sites after looking at sites like yours and have since become obsessed with baseball blogs. Can't wait to go back and explore more of your site.

dayf said...

I mean it too... If I'm ever in California I'm taking over the joint and there will be Fleer Logo Stickers for a1l!

Bart McClaughry said...

Thank you for giving my blog a great plug. Also thanks for mentioning my blog with other great blogers like Cardboard Junkie and White Sox Cards.
Thanks Baseball cardman